Friday 29 May 2020

Opinion: This is not the America I want to pass down to my children

On February 8, 1968, three South Carolina State University students were killed by State Highway Patrol Troopers during a campus protest. Twenty-seven others were wounded. My father, Cleveland Sellers, Jr., was shot in the arm that day, convicted for inciting a riot, and served seven months in prison. This dark day is known by many, but not enough, as the Orangeburg Massacre. And though it took place 16 years before I was born, it remains the most important day in my life.


from CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero https://ift.tt/3ca7Q31

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Boys Charged in Assault on Former New York Gov. David Paterson and Stepson

The boys, 12 and 13, were charged with gang assault, according to the police. Two adults who were involved in the attack have not been caugh...